Lemon Cut-up Salad
This salad is one of my favorite in this group. It is bright, light, and oh so, refreshing. I use lemon juice instead of vinegar to maintain the color of the apple and avocado. Make sure to wash the avocado, as well as other vegetables/fruit before cutting begins.
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Salad Bowl
- 1 organic red or tart apple
- 1/2 of small shallot or 1/4 small red onion cut into small pieces
- 1/2-1 cup cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 small organic cucumber seeded and cut into 1/4 size pieces
- 1 small to medium ripe avocado, peeled and slice
- juice of one lemon with seeds removed. Save some for sprinkle over avocado.
- 1 tbsp tablespoon good olive oil
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp teaspoon black pepper
- Add all prepared vegetables and fruit except avocado to a non-reactive bowl. Add lemon juice and olive oil and stir together. Add salt (to your taste) and black pepper. Place cut avocado on top, pour over remaining lemon juice. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Eat immediately or within 24 hours. I usually enjoy this with my home bread.
Leave a Reply