Butternut Squash & Spinach Lasagna
This is an easy, healthy, and tasty recipe. This recipe can be doubled or tripled. The topping is a cauliflower bechamel.
- 1 Small organic butternut squash (baked to soft, cooled, and cut into lengthwise pieces)
- 1 tsp tsp olive oil or Thrive algae oil
- 1 cup Cup raw organic spinach1 small shallot chopped in s
- 1 Small shallot chopped into small pieces
- Sprinkle of salt or to your taste
- Pinch of fresh thyme
- Pinch of black pepper
- Cauliflower bechamel
- While cauliflower is steaming, bake butternut squash until soft. Poke with a fork to test. Let cool, then remove seeds and strings. Peel off skin, cut into 1/2 inch thick layers. Set aside.
- While waiting for butternut squash to bake, saute’ shallots in oil with a tiny pinch of salt and black pepper. When soften, add spinach, and thyme, and saute’ until reduced. Set aside.
- In a greased small baking dish, layer quash, then spread about 3 tablespoons of cauliflower bechamel on top. Add spinach, then more cauliflower mixture to top. Sprinkle top with paprika and bake on 350 degrees until bubbly and top is slightly brown. Enjoy warm.
Leave a Reply