Holy Basil Shrimp & Scallops
Quick and Flavorful Seafood Dish
- Large Skillet
- 1 lb. uncooked shrimp Mexican Blue Shrimp or of your choice Mexican Blue Shrimp or of your choice
- 1 lb. uncooked medium scallops
- 1 tbsp. olive oil extra virgin
- 1 medium onion chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 tsp. Holy Basil chili sauce recipe in the method section for this recipe
- 4 green onion as garnish cut in 1/4 inch pieces
- Saute onion and bell pepper pieces in oil on medium heat until soften, but not mushy. You may add just a small amount of salt to allow these to sweat.
- Add peeled and cleaned shrimp, scallop, and Holy Basil Chili Sauce. Stir together, cover and let sweat, stirring about two times until shrimp is pink and scallop is cooked through; about 7-10 minutes. The steam formed will create a sauce within the pot. Do not over cook, or shrimp will become tough. Holy Basil Chili Paste can be found at local Asian Grocery Stores, or it can be made at home. Recipe provided in the Create/ Food/Vegetable/Canning section of this website
- Serve warm over cooked Basmati or Jasmine rice.
- This is a simple, delicious, and satisfying meal
This recipe serves four people. For every 4 ounce serving, there's approximately 270 calories per serving. This is calculated without the jasmine rice. Here's the recipe for Holy Basil Chili Paste.